Thursday 12 March 2015

AMVCA: 'The style critique'...(A Must Read + Exclusive Red Carpet Photos!!!).

Another edition of the Africa magic viewer’s choice award just took place on the 7th, the award show which is like the Oscars of Africa has always been full of glitz and glamour ever since it started. As expected we have the 'beauties' and the 'beastlies' from this award show. 
There were lots of colours like white, red and green at the event and quite a number of agbadas. I also happened to notice some celebs just always stick to the same old style I mean no fringing change, I could bet my cash on what they'll wear to the next red carpet event and get the whole damn thing back and that really wants to make me chew my tongue. Anyway a whole lot of boobs was going on too and I noticed almost all the boobs weren’t balanced or were really squeezed in the dresses, isn't there a thing people wear besides bra to make their boobs stay perky, I wonder why celebs won’t get it, if your boobs aren't small get that stuff and stop carrying sagging boobs around, nobody is interested in a boob show except guys of course *wink* 

Okay so I’m going to start with the BEASTLIES before the BEAUTIES and then the 'Just there' 
 Susan Peters; She wore elegante by tiannah styling, I've looked at Susan’s dress a million and one times trying to understand the concept I just don't seem to get it. She looked really beautiful but those wings and that stupid crown or whatever on her head just makes her look like a friggin joke, those wings are used to make tutus for little girls I wonder why an adult is wearing them. She should please keep her wings and crown off the carpet next time it’s an award show not a beauty pageant for toddlers.

Yvonne 'vixen' Ekwere; I honestly can’t even stand the sight of the dress I don’t know maybe it’s because the concept was stolen from mocheddah who oddly rocked hers well even though she still looked like cotton candy or the fact that the dress and the cape are just too ugly to look at, the idea of wearing a short pink dress is enough to make me puke not to talk of adding the cape that looks like a woman’s nightwear the only thing missing on the cape is black net for you to have a very sexy nightwear. Your hair, makeup, manicure and pedicure looked nice but I just can’t deal with that awful looking flower design and the cheap looking satin, I really can’t, I'll leave it at that.



Kehinde Bankole and Tarmar with the wing and cape; Their dresses were gorgeous they looked great it was the perfect dress for their bodies but that one wing on Kehinde Bankole *sighs* just made her look like a bride that forgot to get a white dress and for tarmar her dress without the cape is perfect she'll make the beauties list without the cape but with that cape she's in beastlies and the cape is an eyesore.


Belinda Effah; Belinda, belinda belinda WTF!!! What were you thinking, I don’t even know where to start but I'll start, were you dressing for a street carnival or festival? Did her stylist and friends really let her go out like this, whoever thought of this idea is a suckaholic. I don’t get why you'll wear your hair like this to the AMVCA except you're broke or something. she looks like a caveman and that horrible thing on top of the dress reminds me of making my Easter cross with palm leaves but then I don’t need palm leaves anymore I just need that ugly thing on top of the dress.

Halima Abubakar; Her hair and makeup bugged me so much. The hair looked like she's bald and they just placed a wig on her head. She's too endowed to be in that big dress, the dress would be great for a 10 year old girl’s party if it had a belt behind.


Alex Ekubo; Two words came to my mind the minute I saw Alex’s blazer "rubik cube", I love Alex so much I mean who wouldn't? His eye candy but that material should be used as a 3 year Old’s bed sheet or duvet. The shoes didn’t work for me either it was just wrong.


DJ Sose; Ughh! Oh please just tell me that isn't a jalabia,a jalabia with a hoodie, the necklaces, the bracelets and those rings that made him look like a pirate. 


Lillian Esoro; I don’t think she had her nails done especially her toe nails on an ankle strap sandal that’s quite nasty, she needed a hoodie on the ugly green jacket to look like the horrible version of little red riding hood. The short dress was beautiful but that big coat with another green shade just makes her look slobby.


Lydia Forson; the whole look was ridiculous, seems to me that she didn't prepare at all. The dress was too bridal and that veil just made it worse.

Ezinne Akudo; I'm sorry but nothing was on point not the hair, the makeup or dress... Nothing tickled my fancy, the dress looked cheap everything was totally wrong.


Ini Edo; Two things bothered me about Ini's look but I don’t know which one bothered me more. First one maybe the fact that she stole lupitas golden globes look, the exact colour and design which makes me very weak because her arms and shoulders were too fat for the dress, the second one is that hair, the ugly hoop earrings and her eyebrows, I don’t get the concept of the hair, is it like intertwined ropes or what. I hope she never steals any look again, you're a celeb in your zone you shouldn't go and start stealing looks without even attempting to change the colour of the dress. Very bad thief.

Ronke Oshodi; Her face and hair were super nice but that dress my lord was not flattering or beautiful to look at. It kind of looked like those aboki mobile tailors sewed it, I hope she steps up her game.

Adunni Ade; I love Adunni's dress by toyin lawani, the dress is absolutely gorgeous but wrong for her, her boobs were sagging, her legs looked too fat, remove the hands of the dress and the net covering it, you'll get a stripping corset which is kind of sexy but didn't look great on her. But then I have to admit she's really pretty.

Toyin Aimakhu Johnson; the dress was too simple and she's yet to figure out what's perfect for her body type, I hope she figures it out. Her hair was beautiful and she looked beautiful.


Gbemi Olateru Olagbegi; her look was just off, the thigh high slit was wrong for her fat legs and the dress was simply awful.


Lamide; the front of the dress looked like she was going for a church thanksgiving. The dress didn't quite do it for me. I'm waiting for her to bring her a game to the red carpet because her body is great.


Ireti Doyle; I love this woman she is extremely beautiful but truly the natural hair thing isn't for everyone even Viola Davis looks awful with it, the dress was also not flattering.


Nameless; First thing you'll think of when you see her dress is mosquito net or she borrowed Susan peters wings to make her dress. 


Nameless; she should please throw that dress away, I can’t even find something good to say about it, it looks like throwback to 2004 Nollywood.



Denrele Edun; I've always been a huge fan of Denrele's crazy style, I always expect more crazy from him but this time I was disappointed because this wasn’t crazy it was just really lame, the whole thing reminded me of lupitas epic miss at the MET ball in 2014, the backless dress and the train look like a large traditional wrapper sewn around him and those jeans whhhhaaatt!!! Those shoes are awful, nobody should ever wear them. The mask and then the braids, I love the braids and I'll have loved to see him pack it up the entire time dropping it and holding his dress train just made him look like a drag queen, those bracelets look like a crown of thorns really awful. His look last year was way better than this year probably his stylist should be sacked for that if he has one.

                               The Beauties 
Genevieve Nnaji; She looked gorgeous in that mustard dress, the hair, makeup and accessories everything suited her. Everything was absolutely right with that look. She never gets it wrong. This is one of my all-time favorite looks of Genevieve.


Funke Akindele; her dress was one of my favorite green dresses on the carpet, the back especially looked really amazing. Everything from her hair to nails and makeup were on point. Her hair was really nice and perfect because it wasn't long and it didn't try to steal the shine of her dress.


Stephanie Coker; She looked like a goddess absolutely beautiful in her white dress, I love the fact that she was able to pull off the look and not look like a bride compared to a few of the other white dresses I saw on the carpet. I absolutely loved her white jumpsuit to the cocktail party. She definitely brought it to the red carpet with her beautiful body.


Toke Makinwa; She looked great I wouldn't change a thing except her shoes, but in all she looked flawless.


                               Eku Edewor


                             Rita Dominic


                             Omoni Oboli


                             IK Ogbonna


                           Mike Ezuruonye


                             Julius Agwu


                                    Ebuka


                      Blossom chukwujekwu


                             Lilian 'Big Brother'


                                Nse Ikpe Etim


                                JOJO Charry


                             Omowunmi Akinnefesi


                             Joselyn Dumas


                                 Praiz

Diana yekini; her dress looked adorable even though her makeup wasn't nice especially for the low cut look.


                               Dakore Akande

                                Femi Jacobs

                             'Just there'
Osas Ighodaro and Gbenro Ajibade; when you see this couple together first thing you think is wow they are hot together but looking at them at the AMVCA all I saw was a groomsman and bridesmaid with connection, they looked beautiful but too simple, I expected more from them.


Monalisa Chinda; I loved her off shoulder green dress last year I was expecting something that would blow me away but it didn’t. Her dress was gorgeous though.


Beverly Naya; for a beautiful rising actress with a great body I was shocked to see her on a jumpsuit looking like she was going to have lunch with her friend. Maybe she should have borrowed Stephanie Coker's jumpsuit to the cocktail but her jumpsuit wasn't just right.


Dolapo Oni and Ruth Kadiri; Black dress and black shoe *yawns* boring!! You guys have money buy beautiful shoes it’s not like you're saving up for your wedding or something. You're rich so stop the silly colour combination.


Fathia Williams; Start taking risks i'm so tired of seeing her on this type of dresses, she's too beautiful to look the same all the time. I'll love to see her let loose and have fun with fashion.


Emma Nyra; She is a very hot person, I expected more.
            
Toolz; This is one of toolz worst looks especially the hair, the dress doesn't look good at all and the material is so common.


                              Oreka Godis

                                      Waje

Munachi Abii and bolanle; Muna's hair and dress were perfect, the neckpiece didn't do it for me.


Busola Dakolo; I didn't like the matching gold bracelets but she looked lovely.


                          Zainab Balogun


                                Seyi Shay


                                  Oge Okoye

Layole Oyatogun; The earrings and the way the hair was packed was not perfect for the dress, the dress looked okay, I expected a simple bun and simple accessories that won't distract us from the dress


Chinedu Ikedieze; He looked perfect last year, this year he looked pretty basic.

Tonye; Her dress was beautiful, hair and every accessory including Praiz looked great, there was just something with the lower part of the dress that I still don’t know if I like, Maybe I'll like it later on.


OC Ukeje; I just didn't like that tie.
Tayo Faniran; He could have made the white suit look dapper, he didn't wow me
Emmanuel Ikubese; I was so disappointed with his look, he is one of the hottest guys in the industry right now featuring in videos and all, his look wasn't like a guy that is hot in the industry.

Tonto Dikeh; The hair was awful and the front looked like an engagement dress but the back was really lovely, it took some time before I knew it was even tonto, that wasn't some kind of compliment though because she looked a little older than her age.


                INCASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW

***Mercy johnson didn’t do her manicure I don’t understand why well I'll pardon her she just had a baby. She also looks like she's wearing a waist shaper.

****Ini Edo hijacked Lupita’s golden globe look

****Yvonne Ekwere wore something similar to what mocheddah had worn before

***Emma Nyras dress looked very similar to Toke Makinwa’s dress to the 2014 AMVCA

***Yoruba Actresses looked good at this event especially Iyabo Ojo she looked perfect and Eniola Badmus, nobody was over blushing or in those cheap lashes and clawy nails, I didn't like toyin aimakhu and ronke oshodis dress but they looked beautiful. 

***Ruth kadiris shoes looked like a very ugly flat shoe

***Remove his jacket and he looks like a priest I'm talking of korede Bello

***What was Annie Idibia thinking with that headpiece and bracelet? She could have made beauties list easily without those two. 

***Who was expecting a lot of people to turn up with Agbada's atleast I wasn't even though I think Osita Iheme tried it last year. All the Agbada guys looked very handsome.

***Alibaba wore a typical Urhobo outfit to the event, I liked it, I'm sure he was like oh please screw black ties and tuxedos.

***What was going on with Annie Idibia, Fade, Moet, and Adunni Ade's boobs they should take a cue from Monalisa Chinda. Their dresses were too beautiful but the boobs 'I have no words'

***Noble Igwe looked like he was going to throw a bomb any minute.

***Eku Edewor's second dress looked like she was wearing a quilt and the hair too when did she become princess of china

***Gbemioo and Omawumi looked like bridesmaids. Omawumi is pardoned because she's pregnant.

***Was Ireti Doyle trying to look like Viola Davis?

***Dakore's right eyebrow looks like a joke were they trying to do the davido parting or what 

***Tonto Dike looked like a northern bride she only needed a head tie and henna to complete the look.

  --- ARTICLE COMPLIED BY MODUPE 500 LEVEL LAW, ABUAD.                                                                                                                                                                                               #Oshamo
       
                                                                            
                                                     

12 comments:

  1. Lool everyone is trying so hard to be a critic these days, SMH!!! Don't force it hun, some of wat u wrote.. SMH but u tried

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice write up;-) Ini Edo and Lamide tried joor. They shouldn't be on the beastlies list. Stephanie Coker's outfit wasn't so wowy . and the back of JoJo's dress spoilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is real a good compilation if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real critic.....she tried

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emmanuel Adekija12 March 2015 at 12:18

    There are Bloggers and there are Bloggers , Sancho is certainly one with a difference ,Wishing him all the best in his race to Stardom , because you are certainly gonna make a cool superstar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Certainly the very best...Oshamo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oshey king kong������...Ekiti Born ,always Repping, Na 2 dey follow Linda Compete Remain Na.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Critic. Got it spot on

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unique and explicit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uhnnn...this is unique....got the definite critic approach....Alex Nice work here mehn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this great post,I appreciate you for giving such a informative portal. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well as. Wedding Planners in Mumbai || Modelling in Mumbai || Male Models in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,
    I read your blog and I appreciate with your latest and attractive product and must it that these all products are in different fabric collections and more designs & colors. If you want to more attractive and different night Dresses than krivani.com also provide these kind of products for your great choice.

    ReplyDelete