Thursday 23 June 2016

YOU ALL KILLED ME!!!

I was a big dreamer, so it was very easy to make fantasies out of everything that picked my interest.
More than once I had watched as a child at the "Oja Oba" market, the painful and rather disturbing brutal elimination of another individual, the Daily News called it a "MOB ATTACK".

I had always imagined the sheer thoughtlessness and dead consciousness a person must possess to pound another till the streets were decorated with his blood and skull fragments.

Once I had seen a woman light a man up while others helped by beating him down as he groaned in agony, his skin peeling off as the smell of burning flesh and tyre filled the air.

I asked "Eddie skibi" my close friend what the man had done, he replied that he attempted stealing a can of malt. That odor stuck in my memory and never left...often the smell of burning tyre had me looking for a charred body with it's hands twisted and a mangled a testimony of untold agony and pain.

As I departed for school that sunny Friday afternoon, I didn't envisage the events that would befall me...oh! if only I had a glimpse but that was not to be .

The day went by so fast and so also did the day's choice of concluding events. ( Even Pharm. lecture ended before mid-day) ...Luck was definitely not paying me a friendly visit, calamity knocked on my door and I answered.

Now here I lay, all I could taste was my blood. I could read the Daily News, it would say: "MAN 22, BURNT TO DEATH!". Someone would snap his fingers at the newspaper stand and shake his head in a mixture of pity and  approval as he read the headline.

Mamma at home would certainly not recognize my corpse on TV, never! Her "Olowo Ori Mi" would never be a victim of such. With a nod she will warn "Timzy" not to steal or be at the wrong place at the wrong time. She believed such fate could never befall her or anyone she knew. If only she could see me her Doctor, her bobo, her "come and massage my back expert" she would realize just how sneaky fate was.

Tears and blood cover my face as another stick lands on my face. I hear a pop! sound, something felt amiss in my face, my thoughts jumbled as I began to drift away.

Someone yelled "put the tyre well and pour the fuel!" But it was too late... I was gone.

YOU ALL KILLED ME!
SAY NO TO MOB ACTION!!
SAY NO TO MOB KILLING AND ATTACK!!!

Contributor: KenVocals.
                                                    #Oshamo

2 comments: