Saturday 1 November 2014

MUST READ ARTICLE: LIFE'S COMPETITION

Probably it was the upcoming AMSA elections that set me up in the mood of competition…
   I was jogging this morning and I noticed a person in front of me … (of course, that’s one thing Sancho can’t afford to miss, I love those Abuad circles)…about ½ a kilometre. I could tell she was running a little slower than me and I thought, good, I shall catch her, I had about a kilometre to go my path before I needed to turn off.

    So I started running faster and faster. Every block, I was gaining on her just a little bit. After just a few minutes, I was about 100 yards behind her, so I really picked up the pace and push myself…”how girl go dey pass me“…

    You would have thought I was running in the last leg of London Olympic Competition. I was determined to catch her. 

Finally, I did it!!!

      I caught and pass her by. On the inside I felt so good. “I beat her” of course, she didn’t even know we were racing. After I passed her, I realized I had been so focused on competing against her that I had missed my turn. I had gone nearly six blocks past it. I had to turn around and go all back.

      Isn’t that what happens in life when we focus on competing with colleagues, neighbours, friends, family , trying to outdo them or trying to prove that we are more successful or more important? We spend our time and energy running after them and we miss out in our own paths to our God given destinies.

     The problem with unhealthy competition is that it’s a never ending cycle. There will always be somebody ahead of you, someone with a better grade, nicer ride, more money in the bank, more influence and affluence, more pronounced personality, a prettier gf, a more handsome bf, e.t.c

    But realize that “YOU CAN BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE, YOU ARE NOT COMPETING WITH NO ONE.” Some people are insecure because they pay too much attention to what others are doing, where others are going, wearing, eating and riding. Take what God has given you, the height, weight and personality .Dress well and wear it proudly! Stays focused and live a healthy life.

There’s no competition in destiny, remember “Burna boy warned against running his race”, run your own RACE and wish others WELL!.

                                                   #Oshamo

3 comments: