Wednesday 25 March 2015

Article: Memoirs Of An Abuad Play Boy (I) .

OK, keep calm and read through, don’t really think this is fictional, as the message in my mail said it to be a real life experience.
Today during my lunch break I ran into this pretty lady, she said her name was Kayla. She was about 5’7’, then slim and well proportioned in perfectly cut dark suit and matching pants.
A diligent person from her outfit; most likely a medical student. Now, I’ll let you know this upfront; I’m not looking to get settled just yet. I just want have fun. I’m young, cool, and handsome. I won’t say am rich but I do just fine. This was a much needed change from my steady routine of SMS girls…sorry Social Management and Science babes.

Before you call me spineless, hear me out. I don’t usually chase medical girls. You should know why. This is ABAUD! It is teeming with single and carrier filled medical babes and 7 times out of 10 is hoping to settle for long after several months of romance and sexual deprivation. Not me. Call me selfish but I treasure my freedom too damn much. I don’t want to be wrapped around a girl’s fingers just yet. Actually the last medical student I dated was a little over a year ago. Untangling myself from her web of possessiveness proved trickier than I thought with so many unsavoury experiences; especially her exceptional detective skills that I’d rather not talk about. I’ll leave it at that.

Yes, Kayla…she said her name was Kayla. She wore her hair long and natural. She wore light make-up which perfectly accentuated her pretty face. She was fair in complexion in stark contrast to my dark. But then, fair complexioned ladies always found me attractive. She had ordered and was eating alone, deeply engrossed in her iphone. I studied her as I approached the counter to order my lunch. I surmised she would be in her early 20’s. She didn’t wear much jewelry. She spent more time on her phone rather than on her nearly untouched meal; a clear indication she was in no hurry. However, the usual signals I usually seek before I moved in on a prey were absent (trade mark secrets so I ain’t telling!). Here was an absolutely confident lady who reeked of success. If there was any chink in her armour, she hid it well and to find it, I’d have to get close.

I picked up my lunch, and went straight towards her table. She seemed to take notice and she looked up at me. For a split second, I saw something in there as our eyes met. Yeah…I’m not bragging but I usually have that effect on ladies. She looked away as I got to her table.

“Hi, hope you don’t mind if I join you?” I said. She looked up and shrugged. The silent treatment eh, I thought. I sat down directly across her and pretended to be engrossed in my meal. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her steal a look. She seemed to be a bit uncomfortable with my nonchalant presence but didn’t make any attempt to leave. Nearly half way through my meal, I said, “I see you have hardly touched your meal for almost ten minutes now.”

My statement surprised her and she looked up from her mobile phone. I continued, ”Hope everything‘s ok?”

“You’ve been monitoring me, haven’t you?” She said her voice low and sweet. A light smile had formed across her pretty lips. 

“Well, I admit I have. You are certainly worth monitoring.” I said and flashed my most charming smile.

“I’m Michael…” , I said extending my hand which she took. Her hand was soft, very soft. ”…but you can call me mike.”

“I’m Kayla.” she said, smiling. Beautiful lips.

“I have a confession Kayla. One I hope you’ll bear with me sharing” I said apologetically. 

“I woke up this morning with a very special feeling…one that I couldn’t explain, until now.”

“What do you mean?” she asked, a bit taken aback.

“There was something special about today that I didn’t understand but finally I did when I saw you.”

I saw many things in her eyes. Shock, incredulity, surprise but repulse wasn’t one of them. She dropped her phone close to her barely touched meal which consisted of just a plate Fried rice and surveyed me critically. I put on my game face, meal pushed aside.

“I’m impressed.” She said. “Those are excellent pick up lines. Do girls usually fall for them? She said, mockingly.

“They are not pick up lines,” I said calmly, maintaining my intense stare.

“Merely an expression of my feelings. There was a promise of beauty in my life today and I’ve just come face to face with it.”

There was a small frown, but it was a small frown, but it was gone in a second. I could imagine the turmoil going through her mind. I had sowed a seed and it would germinate. My stare continued and she grew uncomfortable. She reached for her unopened bottle of Abuad water, almost knocking it down. With amazing reflex, I caught it, broke the seal and handed it back to her. Her fingers brushed mine as she retrieved it back. She unscrewed the cap, took two quick gulps and replaced the cap.

“What do you want from me?” she asked.

“Just your number” I said meekly as I brought out my phone.

She took it without hesitation and typed in her number, I dialled the number as soon as she handed my phone back.

”Don’t you trust that I gave you the right number?” She asked, laughing.

“There’s that but I want you to have my number as well.” I said smiling. Her phone vibrated on the table and I cut the call. I rose up.

“Kayla, you just made my day.” I extended my hand again and when I received hers, this time I kissed it. She went bright red as she exclaimed “We are in Café!”

Without another word, I turned and walked to the exit. I could feel her eyes boring holes in my back and as I was suddenly cautious about missing a step. It was a relief to walk out of the cafeteria. She would be mine by weekend. TO BE CONTINUED.

                                                          #Oshamo

5 comments:

  1. Alex...did this story happen to you????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chill....someone has started reading harlequin oh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ode...does dis look like harlequin...fool

      Delete
  3. I like the concept and the creativity

    ReplyDelete