Thursday 31 December 2015

Article: Memoirs Of An Abuad Play Boy (II).


The promise of a brand new challenge is what makes me go on. I often wonder how people are content to live life without a challenge.
My theory about life is you never really know who you are or what you are capable of till you push yourself; regardless of the endeavour, I might add. I love the feminine gender.

They are the rainbow in my black and white world. As long as I have lots of them in my life, my world is colourful.
It’s been almost a week since I met Kayla in that ABUAD cafeteria and since that moment, she’s formed an “occupy movement” in my head.

I returned the favour and have bombarded her mobile with calls since Thursday. At first, she hadn’t been so free and nice to me but I wouldn’t stop. I called her shortly after I left the cafeteria; we talked briefly for ten minutes. I called her after the end of lectures for that day; we talked for nearly an hour.

Between Tuesday and today which is Tuesday as well, I’d sent her over twenty  short, long and teasing messages. During this period too, the calls increased exponentially.   By Thursday, she started calling me and the late night chats started rolling in. we exchanged information about ourselves she told me about her family, her course of study, and her life in the most personal terms.

I traded a couple of stories too; some truths, half truths, and some lies here and there [don’t look at me like that]. She loved to laugh and jokes came easy to me so she had her fill. We agreed to hangout Saturday night during the MISS NPUGA MODEL SHOW.

Now, the trick is to fill her head with thought of me. Most guys don’t believe in it but it sure works. Girls dream of and crave for attention. Most dudes don’t have that time, understandably so, but physical presence is not everything.

 Those little thing: like that frequent one minute call to ask her opinion on something; that sweet two-worded BBM message which is the first thing she sees when she wakes up; that lengthy and teasing whatsapp message you send in the thick of lectures to distract her temporarily;  that joke; that unexpected gift ….. At least now I have her details e.t.c, those are the things that matter.

Girls have an overactive imagination, and the fact that we’d just met once and I’d chased her with so much vigour made a mystery, a sort of a demi-god, a standard, and a symbol of perfection before her eyes. But we all know that such perfection does not exist. We would rather be in love with the utopian illusion, no matter how temporary it is. It’s the reason we adjust quickly because deep down, we know it’s all a lie.

Just when she was getting so used to me, so used to those calls, those messages, those late night chats; like a drought affected mountain they ceased. Yesterday, I took the day off from lectures, blogging, writing and her as well. I had planned to take the day off from lectures on Friday and I did citing health concerns. I ignored her calls, text messages and chats all day long. By evening, she was frantic. Twelve missed calls, four text messages, thirteen BBM messages and ten Whatsapp messages! Not bad, huh?

After a time, the calls, texts and chats stopped coming. It was time to seek her out. I left my hostel around seven thirty pm and walked straight to Abuad’s famous “Asun spot” hoping she hadn’t left her hostel. She hadn’t. The usual Abuad street night traffic was crazy just like every other night... ABUAD’s Signature: Our streets are always crowded at night with fun loving boys and girls…winks…

I waited looking rather dandy in my brown suede jacket, blue top, blue jeans and crazy brown baseball cap. I caught not a few stares from many girls but I’m sexy and I know (LMFAO!)

I had to wait for about ten minutes before she came out of the big iron doors of her hostel with her friend. It was nearly eight o’clock and apart from the fact that the weather had changed again, it was getting darker. However, the mental photo of the beautiful princess I met a week ago slowly began to recede. She looked amazing.

Probably the Abuad Street light made her look that radiant…and hopefully, me. She had worn a short pink gown I would not like to describe …you should know why.
However, there was something I’d missed out on that first day: she hadn’t stood up so there was no way I could have known about that coke bottle shape. Damn!  I had my phone out and I dialled her number, she answered immediately.

“I don’t want to talk to you right now!” she vibrated.
“You’ve ruined my day. I’ve been calling all morning, all afternoon! I sent you messages, I sent you whatsapp and Bbm messages yet you wouldn’t reply any of them…!”
I tried to cut in but she cut me off and continued with her rants. I really didn’t have anything to say anyway so I kept silent till she finished.
“Where are you?!”
“Asun Spot…”
“What are you …?” She turned; catch a glimpse of me with what was my best and most charming smile, then she turned  back to her friend, told her a few things and patted her afterwards she approached me  as the other entered the cafeteria.
“I hate you so much right now! Urggghh!” There was shock, a sigh of relief and a smile; all in a split second.
“Am sorry love, I wanted to surprise you.” I said humbly. She gave me a look like “you got me but I still wish I could strangle you”. I laughed
“You gotta admit, I got you cold…and where is your friend headed?!”
“Oh...she, she went to get food “she said. She waited a bit like she wanted a pause to change the topic of discussion after which she continued…”I’m still mad at you. Don’t try to make it look like a joke and change the topic. It isn’t funny”. She said earnestly but I knew she loved it. I extended my arms, my eyes inviting her and she came into them gratefully.

We stood together behind the “asun spot”, locked in each other’s arms for what seemed like eternity, I could perceive faint wafts of her perfume. My hand caressed her hair gently and she snuggled deeper into my chest till she became conscious of what seemed like a boner and she looked up at me, inquiring and s sheepish grin was my reply. She pushed me way gently.

“I missed you dear. I just realized that hope is such a beautiful thing. I couldn’t have survived this long without you were it not for hope. “I said. I moved closer and held her waist and looked into her beautiful eyes. She had this adorable look in her eyes like I‘d just said what she needed to hear.  The smile her beautiful lips created weakened me totally.                                           “I missed you too…” She said shyly and quietly.
                         To Be Continued!!!

2 comments: